Opportunity for Youth Training in ICT Related Entrepreneurship
- Post by: Reuben
- July 17, 2020
- Comments off
Mzuzu University, through the Information and Communication Technology Incubation Centre, invites applications from youth operating ICT related businesses or harbouring ICT related business ideas to undergo a six months training with the University under the Jobs for Youth (J4Y) Project. The training, which has been divided into two phases, will involve three (3) months classroom training at Mzuzu University main campus and its satellite centres and another three (3) months of infield training. Successful candidates will undergo the training from 14th September 2020. The programme is non-residential and candidates will be required to make their own arrangements for meals and accommodation.
The Centre will offer training at the University main campus in Mzuzu and its satellite learning centers at Lilongwe and Mulanje.
Entry Requirements and Criteria for selection
- Applicants should be at least 18 years of age and not more than 35 years of age at the time of application and
- Applicants should have a feasible business idea and/or existing scalable business. Those with small enterprises that demonstrate the highest employment opportunities for the youth as well as innovative ideas aimed at promoting ICT sector will have added advantage.
Tuition is sponsored by Government of Malawi (GoM) through the Ministry of Youth and Sports (MoYS) with support from the African Development Bank (AfDB).
Boarding and Lodging
This is a non-residential programme and candidates are required to arrange for their own meals and lodging during face-to-face incubation sessions.
Eligible applicants should submit their applications which must include the following:
- Completed application available at j4y.mzuni.ac.mw or https://ict.mzuni.ac.mw
- A copy of curriculum vitae which include three traceable referees
- A copy of National ID
- Letter of reference from previous school, Village head or church
Completed application documents should be sent by post to:J4Y Admissions University Registrar Mzuzu University Private Bag 201 LuwingaMzuzu 2
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Female applicants will have an added advantage.
The applications and other accompanying documents should be received not later than 20 August 2020. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Further enquiries about the programme may be directed to the Programme Coordinator at email@example.com or call (265) 0995164604 or Head of ICT Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (265) 0999259325