Download the call for Application here.
Programme Duration: Four (4) Years
Fees: MK 450,000 per academic year
Mode of Delivery:
The programme is offered during weekends as follows:
Friday to Sunday every other week (fortnightly)
Friday 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm = 6 hours
Saturday 7:00 am – 12:00 pm = 5 hours
1:00 pm – 6:00 pm = 5 hours
Sunday 7:00 am – 12:00 pm = 5 hours
Data science is one of the emerging technologies under the 4th revolution, a blueprint of the next generation information and communication technologies (ICTs). The introduction of the Data Science Programme underscores MZUNI’s mission and vision, as well as MZUNI’s 2016-2020 Strategic Plan. Furthermore, this is in line with both national and international sustainable development strategies. The Sustainable Development Goals, the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy III 2017-2022 (MGDS III, 2017-2022) and the Malawi Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, among other documents, all cite ICT as a priority area, and Data science is principal to applied ICT
Aims & Objectives of the Programme
The Bachelor of Science (Data Science) programme aims at providing students with scientific knowledge, analytical and interpretational skills, values and attitudes required for them to competently apply data science concepts in solving real life problems in this big data era. The BSc Data Science programme will aim at achieving the following specific objectives:
- To develop professionals in Data Science (and related fields) addressing human capacity development.
- To train students in advanced skills and knowledge in Data Science, required by the government, parastatals and private sectors in Malawi and beyond.
- To develop necessary knowledge and skills in students enabling them to conduct meaningful research in Data Science
- To improve analytical, scientific and entrepreneurial skills in Data mining, data ware-housing, data visualisation and virtualisation.
- To enhance capacity for effective communication and dissemination of empirical
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, you’ll be equipped for a career in the data analytics industry. You could work for multinational companies, small and medium enterprises, and innovation centres.
What jobs can you do with a Data Science and Analytics degree?
- Data Scientist
- Process Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Data Solutions Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Statistical Analyst
- Data Mining Engineer
- Web & Social Media Analyst
- CRM Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Data Architect
- information analysts
For course structure and other details , visit
Download call for applications here.